Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Guilt Free Brownies (Or Almost!)

I came across this recipe when I was searching for a lower calorie brownie recipe.
It is very chocolaty, and chewy. It definitely doesn't taste like it came out of a box
(which is a good thing!)

I modified it a bit more and brought the calories down to 68 from 71, and the
fat calories to 6 instead of 9.

This will make 48 servings

Applesauce Brownies

1 1/3 cp. flour
1 1/2 cp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cp. egg substitute
2 1/4 cp. sugar (try substituting splenda here, and let me know how it comes out!)
1 1/2 cp. applesauce ( I used cinnamon)
1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla

Combine flour, cocoa, and salt; mix well. Whisk together egg substitute, sugar, applesauce
and vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Mix until blended, DON'T overmix.
Pour into greased jelly roll pan, or for thicker brownies use an 11x13 pan.
Bake at 350* for 25 minutes. If not done, check every few minutes after this.

Yummy!

For more delicious recipes please visit >>> Secret Restaurant Recipes and 5 Star Restaurant Recipes!

1 comments:

Shaye said...

Oh yeah, I wrekon I could eat about a dozen of these Brownies and not feel guilty. Nice recipe : )